Thursday, June 14, 2012

Wow...  can't believe it's been so long since my last entry.  Not much has happened since my last post so no need in blathering about the same old stuff.  I did manage to run a XC 5k last week in 90 degree weather.  An 18:49 effort was about as good as I could do under the circumstances.  For whatever reason, I can't seem to run a fast time on grass. Maybe I should invest in some spikes and see if that makes a difference? I can honestly say that I could run a sub 18 on pavement on any given day right now with my current fitness. I just can't translate that on the grass!?!?  Anywho, things are progressing on the coaching position at Homestead and if given the opportunity, I think I can put forth the necessary effort to make a meaningful contribution to the advancement of the team.  As far as a real job, nothing new...

In two days I make a return trip to Haiti and the Mission of Hope. I'll be more prepared for what to expect and what's expected of me.  The people and culture of Haiti had such a profound impact on me during my first trip that I can't see myself not going back at least once a year to help and contribute.

10 weeks to go...

No comments: