Monday, May 21, 2012

Another great week of running with a couple of races thrown in for good measure.  Saturday I ran the Frontier 10k on a relatively hot day...  Last year was the inaugural running of the event and I went 39:10 and in no where near the shape I am currently.  This years version went pretty good for the most part, the heat started to get to me the last mile and a half but finished at 38:05.  Given the temps, I'll take it.  On Sunday, I ventured out to a race I did last year because my middle son Adam wanted to run it again.  So the whole family drove literately about 5 miles down the road to this race.  I decided last minute to go ahead and give it a go not knowing what I'd have left given the 10k I just ran the day before.  The race was at 10:00 and the temps were already pushing into the lower 80's...  With a short mile warm-up we were off, there was a girl that took off right from the go and had about a 20-25 yard gap on the chase group in the matter of a quarter mile.  I started to pull away from the chase group and caught the girl around a half mile in and never looked back.  Finished 1st overall in a paltry 18:47...  The heat and very hilly course were almost unbearable.  My first mile was 5:43 and just went downhill from there...  I'll take the win and a $40.00 gift certificate to Dicks....

Went an easy 5 today, calves were a little tight to start but loosened up nicely.  Looks like I might be running with a local HS XC team come June 11th....  the same team I might be helping coach in the fall.

No comments: