Sunday, January 1, 2012

I was determined to get out of the house today for a run despite the 25-30 mph sustained winds and misty conditions.  I found a route where I could have a tailwind for the last couple of miles and went after it.  I'm always glad after I complete a run like this...  sometimes it's hard to find the motivation without someone willing you out the door, especially with crappy weather.  But after a mile, your warm and the motivation comes back most of the time.  I finished up the last 3 of this 7 miler with 10 x 1 minute pick-ups with enough rest between to keep the bile down.

I'm really looking forward to the Olympic Marathon trials here in a couple of weeks.  I realize that anything can happen in a race like this, but my unscientific picks are Hall and Ritz to be a lock on the team.  If Rupp runs this as a serious competitor and not just a pace maker for Ritz, then I think he probably makes the team despite this being his first race at 26.2. I'm just not sold on Meb right now, I don't know... it's just a gut feeling I have.  I think Ritz may even win the race outright if he nails his nutrition.

No comments: