Friday, December 23, 2011

So yesterday's run got kicked up a notch... there were a couple of new runners that run on the St. Francis XC team that showed up to get an "easy" run in. The first mile was 6:45 and it got increasingly faster every mile after that.  We finished up the 8 mile run with a 6:11.  Definitely something I wasn't expecting, but pleased that I was able to keep pace right to the end (especially since I have 13 years on the next youngest guy that was with us!) So after the run I got the once over by the young guys ie., hey what's your name, where'd you go to school, what are your PR's, where do you run, etc... I think I might have impressed them that I was able to keep up seeing as how I was roughly 28 years older than them!?  Anyway, I didn't let on that that last mile just about killed me in my current condition. It's all good....  today was definitely an easy recovery day!

2 comments:

GZ said...

Keep taking the draughts off that fountain of youth!

Brad Poppele said...

Nice Run Ward! Your 2012 race Schedule is looking good! I like the race you have planned in August!