Saturday, September 3, 2011

Parlor City Trot 10

Yesterday I was trying to plan out my weekend running, I wanted to get in something longish but faster than what I've been running.  Sunday was out for something long because I'm booked most all of the day.  So the idea came to me to run the Parlor City Trot 10 miler this morning.  I could run the race then tack on some extra to get in around 15-16.  Last year I ran the half and finished fairly decent given I had just run PPM two weeks prior. This year I decided to run the 10 miler.  Pace through the early miles was between 6:25 - 6:30, at the turnaround at 5 miles, I found myself in the lead by about 10s.  The next few miles were mostly downhill so I tried pushing the pace just a tad.  I gaped 2nd place by probably another 10s, so I had about a 20s cushion  going into the last 3 miles (that wasn't enough).  I held the lead up until the 9.8 point when 2nd place came by me sprinting to the finish.  He got me by 10s. 1:05:58 was my time...  Nothing blazing or close to what I ran the 10 miler in 2009, but still happy I raced.  Another 5 miles warm-down post race to get in 15...   BTW, it was stinkin' hot today!




No comments: