Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I suppose I should blog something since it's been awhile.  Have been pretty busy with school and getting ready for my Haiti trip.  Running is going FANTASTIC and I'm really looking forward to running this trail marathon on Sunday... I decided to do a real taper this week so I have my best chance at putting in a decent finish.  Last Saturday I JOGGED a half marathon, not raced.  One of the local races has exploded in the last couple of years, and this year had over 9000 entrants.  I got a message via Facebook earlier in the week from a good friend looking for a pacer to sun a sub 95. I thought that would be a perfect run for me, I had planned on running somewhere around 13 anyway that weekend.  The run went great and he finished in 1:33:40.  I felt as if I was just getting warmed up, the pace was very easy and I felt as if I could have held if for another 13, no prob...  The weather over the last 2-3 days has been crappy, rainy and cold, but is suppose to be better by tomorrow through the weekend and beyond.  I'll take the crosslites just in case the trail is muddy and/or wet. But if the weather (and trail)is decent, I may end up running in my Mana's.

2 comments:

Brad Poppele said...

Good Luck Sunday!

Ward said...

thx.. really looking to have a good race.