Saturday, July 9, 2011

18:01(chip time)... Had a decent 2 mile warm-up, legs felt like I was carrying a bull moose on my shoulders. Couldn't get my right calf to loosen up until toward the end of the warm-up...  Race started off without a hitch, I nestled in just behind the front row in hopes of trying to tag onto a group trying to run around 17:30. I knew after 1/2 mile a sub 18 just wasn't going to happen. 1st mile in 5:56...  then I started to feel a bit better, I tried to tag onto the shoulder of a guy I know that runs in the low 17's.  That worked for about a minute then he just pulled away. But I was feeling increasingly better, 2nd mile 5:49. The last mile hurt... I put a target on a young gun for the last mile and tried to chase him down, sprinting the last 100, 3rd mile in 5:39...  Overall not to bad of an effort seeing as how I felt like crap during the warm-up. 5 miles afterward to loosen everything up... Started to get real hot toward the end of this and I really didn't get enough water in me after the race...  I may go for another shorter run this evening if I feel up to it.

A couple of Colorado Springers doing a fine job at the Muncie 70.3 just a hop, skip and a jump from here.. (hour drive).

3 comments:

GZ said...

Do you feel you have turned a corner now with the tent? I saw you mentioned feeling a bit worked last week.

GZ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ward said...

I think I'm still feeling it a touch... Training runs feel harder than they should right now, don't know if it's the tent or just the mileage.