Thursday, May 26, 2011

Nothing new on the job search yet.  I've applied to a few possibles and even had a phone interview with one, but nothing yet.  I really want to make sure this next job is something that will satisfy both me and my employers needs.  I don't want to go in with the attitude that it's just another paycheck.  I've only ever had three jobs in my lifetime, the US Army, Pyromation for 22 years and then BLMW for 4-1/2. Hopefully I can find something that I can take all the way to retirement... yah I know, that's quite way away...

I think my running has taken an upswing.  My "easy" runs are much faster at the same PE from just a month or two ago.  Training has really become fun again and I look forward to each days adventures...

Can't remember if I mentioned but I have another race this weekend, at XC 5K at the same venue they hold the IHSAA Semi-State XC championships on every year.  I've attended and watched this race the last 5 years but have never gotten to race on the course.  I'm sure with all the rain we've gotten over the last two weeks, it's transformed the course to resemble to look more like a lake with a few grass crossings instead of the other way around, regardless the times will most likely be slow.  This race is going to be a team competition as well as an individual effort, just as the high schools would score the event.  I've put together a kick-ass masters team and we "should" clean up. My ringer is Dave Bussard who runs for Front Line racing and is based out of Elkhart, IN just a bit north of here.  Over the years I've gotten to know Dave pretty good and I can say from experience that he gets faster every year he gets older...

No comments: