Monday, April 4, 2011

Great weekend weather wise and running wise.  An easy 6 on Saturday before heading off to Indy to visit my brother and his significant other who's about 5 weeks out from having there first child.  Glad he's joing the team of the sleep deprived!  Went 13.5 yesterday which felt great and happy to be heading in the right direction.

I have another local 5k this coming weekend and hope to make some forward strides there. It's an annual 5k I haven't done in a long time but it happens to be a Track Club points race this year so I thought I'd at least make a showing and try to earn some points.  Given my time from the 20k a week ago and not being 100%, I think I can manage to squeak out something under 19:30, which almost sounds embarrasing given my 5k times over the last couple of years, but still it should show that at least I'm moving in the right direction.

2 comments:

Rick said...

I predict 18:?? without difficulty ;-)

Ward said...

I think that's pushing it right now.. I glad you have more confidence in me than I do!