Monday, March 21, 2011

Sometime over the last couple of weeks, my middle son, Adam, brought home a race flyer from school for a 5k/fun run and declared that he wanted to run in it.  So this past weekend was the race. The fun run was a 1/2 mile and Adam (below in Black shorts, red top) was the winner of all my boys. He finished 5th overall, Dylan (red shorts, white top) finished around 15th and Jacob was near the back... Of course it's all in fun and they all had a blast as did I in the 5k.  Used it as a tempo run, then added another 5 easy.  Looking forward to more days like this!!




5 comments:

HappyTrails said...

Good times with the boys - gotta love it! Appears as if you are coming to spend a little time on a hill near us... Happy Training!!!

it's all about pace said...

good job on getting the lids involved

GZ said...

Now that is what I am talking 'bout.

We should set up a bet to see which one of our boys can beat us at a mile ... it ain't happening here yet, but I could see it happening within less than a handful of years if he wanted it to.

Ward said...

Yep, but I'm going to fight it tooth and nail. There going to have to earn that first win against there old man. At this stage in there life, Adam definitely shows more interest in sports than the other two, but that I'm sure will change from year to year....

Paul said...

Looks like a great day together. Gavin had his first day on the track last week as I was doing some repeats. Of course he had the most fun jumping on the high jump pits.