Sunday, December 19, 2010

Am I a little dissapointed that I didn't run the HUFF yesterday.. maybe a little. Looks like last years winner, and Badwater champion, Zach Gingrich, showed up again this year. He "only" managed to finish second this year. Never heard of the winner, Brandon Welti but it looks like he's from Indiana. I heard conditions were less than optimal, temps at the start were single digits and combine that with about 3 inches of accumulated snow over the last week or so made some of the downhills real nailbiters. I don't think anyone was taken out by a deer this year and all had a good time.

Attitude is starting to come around and I think I'm ready to get back at it. Right now I'm just enjoying spending some quality time with my boys and breathing in the fresh crisp December air.

Family pic from yesterday's "Cookies with Santa" at our church.

2 comments:

Brandon Fuller said...

That's so late in the year for an ultra but I guess the grass isn't soaking wet like when we were there!

Jim P. said...

Great pic. I can't even get my 8-year-old son to wear long pants!