Wednesday, November 24, 2010

There's something about not performing up to your expectations in an event that takes the motivation right out of you after its all over. These last 10 days have been awful as far as getting my mojo back and getting the drive going again for the HUFF. Other than my run last Wednesday, everything else seems like I'm just putting in the motions and not accomplishing anything. I'm seriously thinking about just bailing on the race and taking a break... It's not that I feel I can't handle the distance, far from it, but right now I just feel like there's nothing there. I'm sure it has to do with a couple of factors; days are getting shorter and much colder; and motivation is almost nill. Maybe if I take a couple of weeks off, I'll start to find that twinkle in my eye again and find reason to go out and start getting my turnover going.

2 comments:

GZ said...

I get that.

Only "litmus test" question I will ask here.

How will you feel if you DON'T do it? Compared to how you feel now?

I just caution about potentially feeling worse if you don't do it. Know what I mean?

Ward said...

I guess I really never went that far into it... but I know what you mean. As of today, I'm still in, but who knows what or how the next 3 weeks will pan out. Really I just need to STFU and HTFU!