Thursday, October 14, 2010

Major slacker this week on the blog posts. There's just not that much exciting stuff going on right now.. I ran.. a lot.. then I rested, then ate. Then I ran some more... repeat, repeat...

Really, all is going great and running is feeling good again. I have high expectations on my upcoming marathon in 4 weeks. If I play my cards right and training continues to progress as it has, I don't see any reason why I can't go sub 3 unless I do something stupid on race day (which has been known to happen).

I may or may not jump into a half marathon on the 24th to gage where I'm at. Given I ran an 85 6 weeks ago without really racing the 1st half, I figure with good conditions I could go 82-83 right now, which, according to Mcmillian would put me around a 2:55 - 2:57, either one would make me happy. On the flip side, I'm not sure I really want to put in a "hard" effort for essentially a training run for the HUFF 50K trail run 5 weeks later. I'll just deal with the race as the day unfolds and let my body tell me how fast or slow it wants to run.

Boston registration opens this Monday and I'm still not sure if I want to run it again. I have demons that I need to slay for this one so I may just do it to save a little face from my 09' train wreck.

2 comments:

Paul said...

Ward, I'm loosely planning on doing Veteran's now as a training run for HUFF as well. I figure it would be nice to have a supported run with aid stations and others around for company. If you decide to push it I'll look for you at the end. Are you and Mike heading to the trails this weekend?

Ward said...

Paul - no trails this weekend, running with Jon on Sunday.

GZ - I got your comment but for whatever reason it won't let me post it? Get that knee healthy, you got an 80 half in you..