Saturday, September 4, 2010

Parlor City Trot

So I'm sitting around the house last night and I get a call from a friend who ask's me if I'm running the Trot tomorrow. I hadn't even thought of it to be honest, but since he put the idea in my head, I thought I may as well venture out in the morning and try to put in a solid effort.

Very crisp morning today but was perfecto' running weather. The only real purpose initially was to try to put in something solid and break 1:30. Given the PPM two weeks ago I wasn't sure if I had it in me to crack 1:30. I made a conscious effort to hold back early, except those early miles felt very easy and I was kicking off ~6:35's... Felt very good through 10k so I decided to put a little more effort into it and see what happens. I was able to hold the pick-up in pace very easliy, the last two miles I really tried to push and finished with a solid 1:25:28, 9th overall and 2nd master. Nothing blazing but for the lack of speedwork I've done this year, I'm very surprised I could run this time right now. It makes it very promising for my November marathon. I couldn't stick around for the awards but they tell me I cashed in for $100 for 2nd master. I'm glad I got talked into racing this morning!

View my GPS data on Garmin Connect.

No comments: