Thursday, September 9, 2010

I've been in a pretty good funk here these last couple of three days... I knew it was coming but didn't know when. Very unmotivated and have no desire to run anything of significance. I've been here many times before and just have to wait it out, it will pass. I still have ~11 weeks until Veterans and 16 until the HUFF. I have a killer base to work from and I'm not going to lose much of anything my taking it easy for week.

Looking forward to reading my good bud Cal's book that he just published. Cal's had a tough time since 2000 when contracted Legionnaire's disease and was very close to dying. Through some kind of miracle, he got better and better. He had to learn to talk all over again, and even now when I talk to him, he sounds like he's "disabled" even though he's not. If you didn't know him and had a conversation with him, you might think differently of him. But I've known him for over 25 years and know he's the same old Calvin when you get past the speech impediment. He's definitely one of the good guys in my book!

Maybe after reading his book, I'll snap out of this crappy feeling and be thankful for all the things I have going for me right now, my health, my wife, my kids. A job and a house over our heads and food to eat....

No comments: