Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Ok, first of all... I didn't think this would hurt as much as it did. But once I started, there was no looking back. I was lurking through blogs last night and ended up reading through Parr's blog about a race on a treadmill. Set the incline at 10% and go as far as you can in 15 minutes... Seemed like a good workout as well as a good challenge. My running has been pretty stale as of late so I thought I would give it go today to see what these 46 year old legs and lungs could do. After a 1/2 mile warm-up I cranked it up to 10%, reset the clock and let er' fly! I was running 7:30 pace for awhile but had to dial it down a notch after about 3/4" mile... at 1.3 miles it really started to hurt and I was drifting toward the back of the mill... At 1.7 I gritted my teeth and gave it all I could until I hit the 15:00 mark. I took a few snaps of the treadmill readout for posterity then hopped back on for an easy 2 then called it a day.

Yeah, I know... hard to believe.


Gratuitous, over dramatic, self gratification post-run pic...


pm) 4 miles easy, pace was quick (sub 7:00), PE was very low... it was hardly any effort at all to hold sub 7:00 pace, feeling very good!

1 comment:

GZ said...

Awesome. You tie Tony.

I might need to try this. Reminds me of that speed skating commercial that was out there a few years ago where guys were texting each other their results.