Thursday, August 19, 2010

Got into Col. Sprgs around 10:00am this morning.. Hotel check-in wasn't until 3:00 so I had to kill some time. Drove out to Manitou Sprgs and parked near the COG railway. Hiked up to the bottom of the incline..



The sun was beating down and me and downright hot, just the opposite of when some clould cover came over. Stopped briefly on the way down to snap a photo of the start of the Barr Trail...



Met up with Nathan Truex who hails from Norwell HS in which is just outside of Fort Wayne... I used to run many miles with Nathan and his XC team back in the day. Nate migrated to Col. Sprgs and has now lived here for over 6 years. Just out of HS Nathan earned his Pro card as a triathlete and raced ITU for awhile, but has since returned to his roots as a runner.(that's a pretty common theme....) We got in a short, and very, very easy 6 mile run... oh, and who do we run into mid run, Andy Potts... Yeah that Andy Potts. If you don't know who he is, just google him. Nathan says he sees him all the time on this particular trail we were running on...



Time to grab some some grub...

2 comments:

GZ said...

Awesome! Stoked!

Ward said...

I'm in awe of this place... being a flatlander all of my life and only occasionaly passing through places like this. This is great, and a bit, wait, a lot intimidating. I just hope I don't embarrass myself!