Friday, August 6, 2010

Got back late afternoon today from our trip to Panama City Beach. Glad to be home! Had a great time swimming and relaxing on the beach. It was nice visiting the old Ironman stomping grounds. A lot has changed over the years. Smaller buildings torn down and condo's are put in there places. Took in a few of the toursit traps and tried to fit in I guess...

We got into town on Saturday afternoon and it was already ~95. I stepped out of the car and immeadiatley began to sweat. Dragged all the baggage into the condo and headedout for a short run. Glad it was short because I didn't have enough fluids in me to last very long.

Sunday was an early morning 12 miler that took me out and back of the majority of PCB. I'm glad I took some money along as I had to refill my Amphipod at mile 8 as I was already drenched to the bone with sweat.

Monday I went and easy 8, Tuesday was 10 with some faster stuff thrown in there. Wednesday was a very easy 8 as I tried to take a different route to mix it up a bit. Thursday we packed it up and headed back with a layover in Franklin, TN. We showed up around 7:30pm. I unloaded the car and then headed out for a very hilly, but nice 6 miler.

We made it back home late this afternoon and I'm dead tired so I'll be taking my first day off from running since the day before my Early June marathon. I had a pretty good streak going. Tomorrow will be a moderate run with my last 20 miler on Sunday on the HUFF course. Legs feel fantastic and I'm really looking forward to Pikes.

Now I just need to catch up on all the blogs...

No comments: