Saturday, July 10, 2010


Great run this morning with Brandon. HUFF loop at 7:00am, weather was pretty decent. It was great to finally meet the face behind the blog!

I always like taking a HUFF newbie out on the course to get his impression of what they thought. Although Brandon has access to some of the best trail/mountain running in the country, I still think/hope he enjoyed my little corner of traildom. It beats running on asphalt anyday!

Brandon was under the gun as far as time went, so we called it at one loop and I was happy with that. With this cooler weather were having in the morning, I may jump back out there tomorrow morning to put in two more loops.

One other nugget to mention, this mornings run gave me 101 miles for the week. The first time since my mid twenties that feat has taken place. The good news is that my legs don't feel like they've been beaten up at all. I'll be ready hit it hard again this coming week. 6 weeks to go, and I'll be out in Brandon's neck of the woods ready to do this thing.

4 comments:

Brandon Fuller said...

Thanks again for setting it up! Great to get to meet you and get some miles in.

J.P. Patrick said...

If I can keep Brandon’s whining at a minimum to pull him in at Leadville under 25 hours, I’m hoping to be able to motor over and watch you guys finish up the big “up and down” on Pikes.

I'll let you know now... there will be NO humidity! You'll love it!

Ward said...

I can't see anybody with a mohawk whining.. dude's gonna be tough! No humidiy will be nice! Now if I can just figure out that altitude thing....

FatDad said...

great week. I've never cracked 80, NM 100.