Thursday, June 3, 2010

A relatively ho-hum sort of week... I didn't really want to put to much emphasis on a taper this week, but ended up getting a pretty good one in.

Sunday - 5m easy
Monday - 5m easy, 2nd mile @ 13%
Tuesday - 4m easy
Wednesday - 5m as 2m easy then 2m in 14:00, 1m easy warm-down
Thursday - 3m easy w/5 x 10s pick-ups

Tomorrow will be an early morning run of 2-3 VERY easy, then just chillaxin' the rest of the day. It'll be a 2:00am wake-up call Saturday morning to make the hour and a half drive to South Bend for the 6:00am start...

I know I said I didn't want to put in too big of an effort into this one, but now I'm rethinking... I'm going to play this one by ear, I'll take it out in 7:15's and see how I feel after 15 or so, if I feel good, then I may bump that down to 7:00, then reevaluate after 20... I think hydration will be key in the decision making progress. Temperature at start time is forecasted to be around 63, three hours later at 73.. which isn't too awful bad. I could handle a little better at around 10 degrees cooler, but hey, I'll deal with the cards given...

I gotta go eat some pasta...

2 comments:

GZ said...

Some how I know exactly what you are thinking. Or at least I think so.

Ward said...

I think that what you're thinking is what I'm thinking.. you think?

But seriously, it'll all depend on how I feel after 15 or so... Ultimately, I'll be hugely satisfied with 3:10, but in reality, well.. you know....