Monday, May 24, 2010

Sunday - 20 miles

A little late on the post, but wanted to get it out there. Run went great for the first 18 miles then BAM! I should realize that any run done over 80 degrees I need to put out water about every 5 miles. The plan was to do a familiar 12 mile loop, get water, then do an 8 mile loop... I was great up until around 18 miles when it just hit me hard... I made sure I was plenty hydrated to start, did the 12 mile loop and took a full 12oz of H2O,then continued... I started to bake around 17 and by 18 (and 85 degrees) I was really starting to get dehydrated, luckily for me there was a drinking fountain I knew of that was pretty close so I made a bee line for it and drank for about 5 minutes straight... When I stopped hallucinating, I continued on for the remainder of the run. I still managed to run 2:25 under very hot and humid conditions.

Today I feel great with very little residual effects from yesterday...

3 comments:

Lucho said...

Dude, you're killing it! Nice header pic. That guy has about 500 pounds of force on his quads right there.

GZ said...

Ah. Water. It is good, ain't it?

Dude it is HOT AND HUMID out here!

Ward said...

T - thanks...yah, my quads will feel like they have 500 pounds of force about mile 20 of PPM

GZ - yes, water good!