Friday, May 28, 2010

It's been a great week of running. Aside from my regular easy runs on Mon.,Tue and Thur., Wednesday was a tempo run at goal marathon HR of 155-160, I clicked off upper 6:40's without blinking an eye. Today was pretty much an easy run as well with 6 x 15s strides at 6:00/m pace just to open up the stride and get the blood pumping a bit. I've decided to err on the side of caution and not race a 12k tomorrow, but instead get a nice moderate run of 12-14 miles structured as the 1st 6 easy then 6-8 at goal marathon HR. I may or may not take Sunday off... Total mileage for the week counting tomorrows run will be ~48-50 depending on how far I go. 6550' vertical (less than half of what I did last week) and will probably cut it down to half as much again this coming week. Even though I'm not trying to put a lot of pressure on myself to run a solid time next weekend, there's always my inner psyche telling me try and run what your in shape for instead of trying to run something you have your mind set on....

No comments: