Friday, April 9, 2010

I've been pretty lax here lately on the blogging frontier... I plan on making it a point to start blogging more, especially with Pikes in my future. I'll be expecting some constructive criticism in my journey towards getting up and down that little hill.

This has been a somewhat ho-hum week for me. Miles were down with 55 for 6 days, but vertical was pretty decent for me at least, just short of 10,000 for the week.

I plan on going long (20+) tomorrow morning on the HUFF trail. Last weeks run went great and I'm looking for more of the same. I still have 8 weeks until the Sunburst Marathon in South Bend. The only goal there is to lower my qualification time for Boston 2011 so I can move up to a closer corral. Right now I'm feeling pretty strong but on the flip side I'm not feeling very fast, but I know in time that will come. I had hoped to run another AeT run today, but I opted for rest...

More tomorrow...!

2 comments:

GZ said...

Your header pic makes me cold. How many hours is that 55 with all that vert? That is a good amount of vertical!

Ward said...

Definitely time for a new header pic..

9:24 total time for the week... I would say 80% of that vertical is treadmill, I basically warm-up at 3%, then crank it to 10-15% for the remainder of the run with a short cool down.. that's my afternoon workout. After work I usually put in another 5-8 depending on how I feel. As the weather starts to warm-up I plan on getting out pre-work to get in some longer runs during the week and up the intensity of the incline work...