Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Good day today, all is well with the toe with only some risidual tenderness around the tip area. Tomorrow I have planned a pretty hard day. Somewhere on the Pikes Peak message board I found a post where someone called out the elevation profile of the ascent. So I copied and pasted it in an excel file and added my own flair to come up with what I plan on running tomorrow to simulate something remotely close to running up to Barr Camp (minus the altitude factor).

I'll fill in all the splits after the run and see what I come up with... The incline obviously won't be exact as the treamill I use only goes up to maximum on 15% and is adjustable only in .5% increments, so I either have to round up or down depending on what the actual incline is. Still it will give me a hell of a workout with around 3800'+ of gain...

3 comments:

GZ said...

Round up. Round up.

A lot of treadmills can actually get to a .1 increment. Usually it comes in the HR mode, but the mill can be programmed to be more open with that.

Paul said...

Does your treadmill do a negative incline? I have a loop in town here that while shorter gives me the option of doing 1/4s up and then down. I've found working the downhills to be very helpful with improving footspeed and training the quads to absorb the impact. I'm out of town this weekend but next weekend I would be interested in doing a trail run somewhere. Maybe at Chain O'Lakes? Kirgis and Lefever usually run out there on Sat mornings I think.

Ward said...

No decline on the t'mill... I try to hit the downhill on the big hill on Aboite Center pretty hard as many times as I can. I'm also doing a lot of lower body strength training, single leg squats, leg press etc.. nothing that will duplicate the pounding I'll get decending Pikes however...