Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Feeling pretty awesome these last few days... This afternoon's t'mill run was one of the best I've had yet. I think I'm finally starting to see some progression on my "hill" climbing t'mill efforts. My run consisted of a 1/2 mile warm-up then 1m @ 10%, 1M @ 11%, 1M @ 12%, 1/2m @ 13% and 1/2m @ 3% warm-down. The steeper inclines were all done at 10:30 pace and never once did I feel the need to slow it down. I hesitate to say that 10% felt effortless, but pretty darn close.

My evening run was 5-1/2 miles and I was kicking off low 7's while keeping a MHR of 148. I hope I'm not peaking to early for Sunburst in a little over 5 weeks now. Jump rope and core work to finish off the day...

1 comment:

Paul said...

Don't think of it as peaking just blowing past your previous fitness levels.