Friday, February 12, 2010

The last couple of weeks have been tremendous. After meeting and talking to one of my boyhood idols, I felt a strong desire to go out and run... a lot! So over the last couple of weeks I've been putting in some pretty good mileage, albeit slow, low HR stuff. Since the 1st of the month, I've logged 126 miles, which averages out to ~11.5/day. If I were to stay on this pace it would net me a pretty good month, however the plan is to ramp the mileage down the last week of the month to give the body and legs a rest. I'm still throwing around the idea of running a marathon on 5/2.. If not on 5/2, then on 6/2. There's only about 4-1/2 weeks left to decide whether or not to run PPM or not. I've got a couple of qualifiers, 1, 2, under my belt, but even then, it's going to be a real task just to get registered before it sells out!

Looking forward to Tim's race this weekend.

Definitiely considering the HUFF this year.

3 comments:

GZ said...

P-P-M!

So the RT - not just the ascent, eh?

Ward said...

Yep, the full boat... I'm not going to travel 1100 miles to run a half, granted it's Pike, but still. If I'm coming out, it's all or nothing.

GZ said...

Now that is what I am talking about. If you are doing it, we got to talk ...