Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Ok, happy fun time is over... I had a rude awakening yesterday at the gym when I stepped on the digital scale and it read 152... #$@&*! That can't be right... so I stepped on the other one, 152.5... &*%!$!! All the mini donuts, Pepsi, Lofthouse cookies and junk food snacking came to a screeching halt right then and there. This is a long way from my 134 last summer and I need to get back to that number sooner than later. The thing is I really don't feel that heavy, but the scale doesn't lie. My breathing or stride isn't affected that I can notice. My HR is pretty decent now for my current fitness. If I were to do a LT test today, I'm guessing my marathon pace would probably fall between 7:20 - 7:30, not bad for this time of the year. If history has anything to say about this, I can proably drop a minimum of 5 pounds within the next 7 days. I have pretty good dicipline when I put my mind to it, and right now is that time.

On a side note, I'm going to try and ween myself off of my orthotics... For some reason I think they be the reason for all the calf strains I've been having over the last 7+ years. Also will be trying to incorporate some barefoot running as well. For the last 7-8 months or so, I've been running exclusively with flats so I have reduced the cushioning aspect of it and gone somewhat minimalistic. I have a couple of crazy friends who are doing alot of running with the Vibrams (even in this snow) to try and ween themselves off of over-supported foam injected running shoes all together.

More updates later...


"I'm going to try and ween myself off of my orthotics... "
Bad idea... just got back from the gym, twinged my left calf, the "good" one...

2 comments:

GZ said...

I went to Hawaii a couple of years ago and did not run for that week. 12 pounds in ONE week. Took me a bit longer than a week to lose it.

Brandon Fuller said...

Its definitely a trend I am following. The lighter shoes that is...not the getting heavy.