Tuesday, December 15, 2009

There's not much to blog about these days. I'm sure you don't want to hear me whine about how cold or windy or rainy or snowy it is. There are many more places that are three times as bad so I'm not going to complain one bit about getting my lazy arse out the door to run. Speaking of running, all is going well and I actually feel like I have a bit of a spring in my step even though I haven't done any speedwork for awhile now. 7:10 miles are feeling quite easy nowadays at around a HR of 145-149 although most of my runs are done quite slower than that, normally around 7:20-7:40.

A shout out to my good bud Mike Henry who had a top 13 finish at the Tecumseh Trail Marathon. He could have easily ran a 3:0X something on a road course.

This weekend is the H.U.F.F. 50k trail race. One of these years I may do the whole 50k (It's really closer to 32.2 miles verified several times over, the first loop is 10.6 then 2 x 10.8) but for now I'm just a fan and/or spectator and/or 1 loop fun runner. I'm a total wimp when it comes to trail running especially when the weather is crappy. I can run trails when the ground is packed and groomed no problem, but my glass ankles don't like running on unpredictable terrain. I have run this course many, many, many times and have a PB for the 10.6 mile loop of 1:06, of course that was back when I was actually running fast. One of these years I need to convince Lucho to come out here to obliterate the course record (Mark Godale - 3:26). The course is practically flat compared to what he runs on every day. We've had a few "superstars" show up, Brandon Sybrowsky, Courtney Campbell, Mark Godale just to name a few... I didn't recognize any "big" names on the confirmed entrants list so I couldn't even make a guess on the top 5.

3 comments:

Lucho said...

You're kind, but I really haven't proven anything yet.

GZ said...

Other than a win at a 50? :)

Ward, glad to hear you have spring in your step in this time of year.

Warm temps are coming ... it was 60 here today.

Ward said...

T - modesty doesn't suit you. You'd kill it.

GZ - I'm kinda getting used to 20 and windy...