Tuesday, November 24, 2009

In light of all thats happened in regards to my running over the last couple of months, all is going well in my little corner of the world. Resumed training is going great, no aches or pains or twinges... I'm going to start looking for a marathon sometime late spring or early summer to focus on. I have three that I have my eye on right now, Flying Pig in Cincinati on 5/2/10, Cleveland on 5/16/10 or Sunburst in South Bend in early June, probably 6/6/10 but the date hasn't been announced yet. Any one of these races gives me plenty of time to prepare for an assualt on that elusive PR I've been trying to get at. One of these times everything will go off as planned and I'll get it, but until that day I'll just keep plugging away. My 3:29 two weeks ago gets me into Boston, but I'd like to move up in the corrals to get seeded closer to the front. My 3:08 that qualified me for the 2009 race had me in the 5th corral while the two guys I trained with, who ran 2:54 and 2:55 to quailfy, got them in the 1st corral.

It truly was a sad day today as I had to cancel my Hotel reservations I made in anticipation of going back to Boston to run again.

Congrats to Tim for winning the Dizzy Fifties 50m race in Huntsville last weekend. The guy's a beast and I don't see anything stopping him from bringing his strong work ethic into Leadville and putting the hurt on everyone there.

No comments: