Sunday, October 4, 2009

Well my season is pretty much over for awhile.. After taking a full week off of running to give my calf a break, I went out for a short run yesterday and could feel the calf going about 3/4 of a mile into the run. I plan on taking an extended break from running now for at least 4 weeks. Will probably hop on the Giant TCR Zero and put in some time in on the road. This injury is so frustrating... Every time I get to a comfortable level, something like this happens. Maybe I should just stick to short distance races, it seems like the longer runs eventually becomes my downfall. ciao...

3 comments:

GZ said...

Sorry to hear that.

And yes, I agree. We were not really designed for the marathon.

Lucho said...

Damn. It is possible that the week off has made it twinge. There could also be scar tissue causing the pain, running a little bit could break it up. I've seen athletes get a slight injury, rest it, then start back and it still hurts... but after a day or two the pain disappears once they get a few miles on it. You have nothing to lose by trying it! If you don't try then your year is over. If you try it and it still hurts after 2 days of running then your year is over.
Sorry man.

FatDad said...

Disappointing. Sorry to hear that.