Thursday, September 10, 2009

Turning Back the Clock....

I was sitting here at work this morning wondering what kind of a workout I wanted to do today and couldn't think of anything except the same old thing I have been doing and wanted to do something different... As I was driving over to the track, I thought I would do something I haven't done in a Loonnnnggg time.. Run a mile for time... So, after some easy stretching and an easy 400 warm-up, I hit it.. 1:11, 1:15, 1:15, 1:18... for a 4:59.7 mile... then I proceeded to empty to contents of my stomach of this mornings breakfast of a 6-pack of mini Dolly Madison chocolate donuts and 2 cups of coffee... After catching my breath, and reviewing my splits where during the last 1/4 I proceeded to hit a MHR of 181!! I can't remember if I've ever been that high... ever...!! I headed out and ran another 6 easy w/some pick-ups toward the end... As long as I feel up to it, I may get in some more tonight depending on how many honey-do's I have when I get home...

pm)5 miles easy... no puking...

1 comment:

FatDad said...

That's awesome. I've never run a mile for time. I'm feeling inspired.