Saturday, September 5, 2009

Parlor City Trot 10M

It wasn't what I hoped for, but it's right where I thought I would be. My Garmin had me at 1:00:56 at the 10 mile mark, but official results will probably have me around 1:01:08. My GPS had the course at 10.03. Don't really care about 12 seconds.... Now if I was 1:00:12 then maybe I would... Race went pretty good, I started out just a tad fast, but settled in and had a pretty even paced race from mile 3 on. The half marathoners and 10 milers started together so I had no idea who was running what, just past the 5 mile mark was the turnaround for the 10 milers and I found myself in the overall lead.. which only lasted for about a mile. The eventual winner passed me around mile 6 and proceeded to pick up the pace and I lost touch with him and that's how we finished... 1 and 2... He got be by ~40 seconds. Using the McMillan pace calculator, this effort puts me around a 2:50 marathon which I would be more that estatic with, but I think I will going for a more conservative number. 1 mile warm up and 1 mile warm down for 12 today.. Depending on how I feel, I may go around 13-15 tomorrow...

No comments: