Monday, September 28, 2009

Ok...so I haven't posted for awhile. After my long run last weekend, I posted that my calf started feeling achy and a bit sore that evening. Rather than risk injury, I took the next day off. Tuesday I went out for a short run and the calf was still sore and not feeling "right". I still managed to run 3 miles. Tuesday still sore and not feeling right.. in fact the rest of the week, the calf wasn't quite right and every time I would run, I felt like the calf could go at any time. I bailed on my half marathon last Saturday and haven't run since. I think I'm going to give it a week before I give it another shot. I'm super fit and don't want to jeopardize an injury this close to the marathon. At this point I'm not going to speculate on what I can run come race time... I'll just have to play it by ear right now.. the main goal is to get into Boston.

No comments: