Sunday, September 20, 2009

am) 22.5 miles in 2:31 and change. Another awesome run this morning. The original plan was just to go 20, but I felt great from the start so I ended up with 22.5 when all was said and done. The first 5 miles I kept my HR under 145, very easy.... Miles 6 through the finish I took the HR to 155 - 160 or my marathon pace. Each mile felt easier than the next, I hit 20 miles and just wanted to keep going so I did an extra couple of loops around a park that's close to my house. This marathon can't get here quick enough...

On a side note as I sit here typing, my right calf is a little sore. I'm not going read too much into it, but will be extra cautious this week.

2 comments:

Lucho said...

Be super paranoid of the calf my friend. You're crazy fit and after this run you'll only get fitter if you rest. I would say to treat your calf like a potential injury. Nice work today!

Ward said...

Thanks T, will do!