Saturday, August 1, 2009

Took the boys on a little camping trip starting thursday afternoon. I got a nice 8 mile run in for the morning and was going to take the next day off and rest for my 10k Saturday. Thursday came and went with no incidents, a lot of pool time with my boys. Friday was good as well, hot and a lot's more pool time. My wife, Cindy, came up later in the day to spend some time in the great outdoors as well. It was getting near 9:30-10ish and we headed back to the camp site. My left hip started hurting a little bit, we made a campfire and had some dinner and marsh mellows of the fire. The hip was hurting a little more. We all settled into the tent and called it a day. I thought by getting a good nights sleep, the next morning my hip would feel fine... By 12:45 my wife was driving me to the Hospital Emergency room an hour away from our campsite after I darn near passed out two times from the blinding pain that was shooting from my hip area. I literaly could not put any weight on my left leg or I would start to see stars and sweat profusely. My poor wife had to support almost my entire weight and carry me from the tent to the bathrooms and then back again to the car, all the time me almost ready to drop to the floor. On a scale of 1 to 10 on the pain scale, the was a very high 9. There was noticable swelling in the area between the hip and the glute. Believe it or not, the Doctor that saw me at the hospital was Dr. House. Which just so happens to be my favorite TV show... He was just as perplexed as I was on what this was, x-rays showed no breaks, cysts, etc.. He narrowed his diagnosis down to a hip strain. I have Vicodin for the pain, and Prednisone to get the swelling down. I had to leave the Hospital on crutches, but feel much better right now. I'm able to walk without them and even run-in-place without any pain (probably the Vicodin). I'll take a small break to be safe with this and give it until maybe Wednesday to start back up...

No comments: