Monday, August 10, 2009

pm)15 miles, probably my worst run since Boston. I ran with Scott Eberle and thankful I did. My HR almost out of the gate was high, by mile 3 I was already at 150 and only running 7:42 pace. I knew it was going to be a slogfest to finish. By mile 12 I was toast. The temps were in the 90's and I was literally melting. I had put out water and gatorade at 4 different locations and used them all, but I couldn't get enough. Yes, there was some walking done, my legs felt fine but my HR was through the roof. I think a combination of heat and fatigue from Saturday's race effort did me in. When I got home I drank more than I think I ever have after a run. The legs don't feel too bad this morning and I may take today off just to give me a little R & R, but I brought my running clothes just in case I change my mind.

No comments: