Wednesday, August 19, 2009

8/17/09 - am)5.2 miles, easy.

8/18/09 - am)7 miles, w/the middle 4 miles at my marathon HR 155-160, 6:28, 6:31, 6:33, 6:36. These felt quite comfortable, never out of my comfort zone.

pm)5 miles, shelved the HRM and just went by feel. Went 34 minutes and change, felt very good.

I'm running an AeT test this Saturday to see where my pace is at... I honestly don't think I can match the numbers I put up during my last test, but I guess you never know. I'm feeling very good right now and trying to stay positive about my progress.

I have another race in another couple of weeks.. This one is a 10 miler, a distance that I haven't raced that much at. The elevated ego in me says that I'd like to break an hour, but the realist in me says somewhere around 1:02... In any event, the race is here in Bluffton and on the roads I run every day, so I can say it's my home course. I know all the little hills, know where I can speed up and when I should slow down, it should be fun!

No comments: