Saturday, July 4, 2009

am)6 miles, which include a 4 mile race and warm-up's and downs. Race went about as well as expected. 1st mile in 5:40, last one in 5:50, it was the middle two that killed my time. Lot's of hills, both up and down, including one dosey that you almost had to walk... Just a tick or two over 24 minutes. Won't know the official time until they post them. 2nd master overall and 1st in AG. All these 400 repeats I've been doing are really starting to pay off... This race gives me a huge boost in confidence for next weeks 5k. I think a sub 18 is looking more and more doable...

Results

These are gun times, they had some problems with the computer program and wouldn't allow them to get the chip times.. They say they will have the chips times in a few days. Should knock off a couple of seconds anyway!!

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Good job Ward! It feels good to race on the 4th of July. I don't like big hills in my road races - leave them for the trail races.

GZ said...

No doubt on the sub 18.