Saturday, July 18, 2009

am) 9.5 miles. Ran a local 10k this morning at one of my favorite places to run, Foster Park. Going into this race I thought I could go low 37 or even crack 37. I decided to start off at a more conservative pace and then try to negitive split. This was an out and back course and for the most part, was pretty accurate according to my 305. At the 5k mark I was 18:13 and feeling pretty good but knew at that point I wasn't going to be able to pick it up. I tried staying consistant but lost a bit of time coming back. 37:33 was what I recorded. Even though I missed my mark, I still finished almost 2-1/2 minutes faster at this 10k than the one I did back in May, and I'm totally satisfied with that! 6th place overall, 2nd master and 1st in AG. The weather couldn't have been more perfect for a race in July.

No comments: