Friday, July 10, 2009

am) 4 miles easy. Nice and relaxed... During this run I did a little "brain training" and metally went over how the race would pan out given certain situations. Surfice to say, I had a good race in whatever situation came up.

I can't remember the last time I was in "decent shape" for this race. It's been almost 5 years since I've ran a 5k and broke 18, so I'm long overdue. My race strategy has almost always been to blast out a fast 1st mile and then try to hang on for the next two. In most cases that works for me. I'm shooting for a 5:25-5:35 1st mile and then will try to keep it under 5:55 for the next two. Prediction: I think if things take a turn for the worst tomorrow, I could go as slow as 18:20 (but I really don't see that happening), but if it's a "good" day then I can crack 17:50, a great day 17:40. Weather looks to be a non-factor... it may sprinkle but that will not be an issue. The race starts at 8:00 so it's early enough to keep it somewhat cool.

Race report tomorrow...

EDIT: Also, I have an x-factor to take into consideration. I've been growing a goatee for the last 3+ weeks.. tomorrow morning it's getting trimmed ala Brian Sell Fu-man-chu style.. that's gotta count for at least 10 seconds!!

3 comments:

Jeff said...

Good Luck tomorrow!

FatDad said...

Blue collar runner Stash mojo all the way!

Ward said...

Thanks guys!