Saturday, May 16, 2009

It's been a tough week for me. I have 50 miles so far this week and plan on running 20 tomorrow morning early. This morning I ran the Warbird 10k, and wasn't quite sure what to expect as far as a time. The weather was almost perfect if it wasn't for a brisk west wind. The race started off good, 1st mile in 5:55 and it felt good, but unfortunately I wasn't able to sustain it... Last year I ran a 37:57, this year I squeeked under 40 by 5 seconds. Not to totally dissapointed, but still thought I could go under 39.. oh well.. It's not like I've been training for a fast 10k.. I still have another marathon in 3 weeks to focus on. I think I was around 7th or 8th overall out of the 1000 that showed up. More after tomorrows 20...

EDIT: There were 1000+ total runners, 505 in the 10k and around 498 in the 5k... My overall finish was 10th...

2 comments:

Paul said...

Nice race Ward, but more importantly how was the beer afterwards??

Ward said...

Thanks... I wish I could have had one, but I was driving and had to scoot once the race was over so I couldn't stick around and socialize...