Tuesday, May 26, 2009

5/26/09 - am)6.5m, 1m warm-up then 10 x 400, 1:25 - 1:29.. easy jog between each ~1:00.
Felt very sluggish on the first 1/4.. but started to loosen up nicely after each subsequent repeat. I have 7 weeks before my next "race" at the Runners on Parade 5k.. Last year I had a goal of cracking 17:30 at this race, at least that was until I had a calf issue in the week and a half leading up to the race (sound familiar...!) I'm just going to keep plugging away at the short fast stuff and hope for the best. Back in February I ran a 18:13 at a 5k and beat the three guys who beat me last weekend. Right now it just seems I'm in a bit of a funk (for lack of a better term). I can't seem to get any turnover in my stride and it feels like I'm running in slow motion. Maybe starting to do some of these 400 repeats I'll begin to see a bit of spring come back in my step and things will start to fall into place once again. I still have hopes in running something close to 17:30 here here in 7 weeks if all goes as planned. Even to break 18 I think I'll be a happy camper...

5/26/09 - pm)5m easy, MHR 150

No comments: