Monday, April 13, 2009

T-Minus 1 week...

About this time next week, I'll be sitting around the athletes village in Hopkinton anticipating the start. I have a little bit of nervous energy right now and I'm trying to channel it the best way I know how. It's not like this is my first marathon.. (I think to date I've done around 25 of them, with a half dozen of them being sub 3:00) But this is the first time I've had the will to make the trip to experience the "holy grail" of marathons... Boston. This week will be spent going over the game plan in my head, from what I do now until I toe the line. Can't wait to get there and start running...

4/10/09 - 4m easy with some pick-ups towards the end

4/11/09 - 14m with Jon..

4/12/09 - rest

4/13/09 - rest

.

.

4 comments:

GZ said...

t-t-t-taper. Stay steady in the pack ... ;)

The real race does not start until Newton Lower Falls

Jeff said...

Good Luck! I know you have done the work so go get your pay. I hope everything goes well for you.

Paul said...

Good luck. Have a great time. You've put in the work, and now it's time to enjoy the show.

Ward said...

Thanks guys.. Physically I'm good to go, it's the mental part that I need work on... and I am working on it!! Like my coach has told me, "this is going to be easy, until it gets hard."