Friday, March 27, 2009


Yeah... I know.. it's been awhile. I've been wallowing in my own self defeat as I've been dealing with an old familar friend called a calf strain. Two Sundays ago I was around mile 15 of a 20 miler and my calf started aching then a half mile later I was reduced to a walk/shuffle for the last 4-1/2 miles. Monday was a scheduled day off and I took tuesday off as well. Wednesday I hopped on the treadmill for an easy run and 1/2 mile into the run, the muscle twinged on me... I stopped immediately and started thinking that my chances of even running Boston were slim and none. Coach helped me go into some damage control on my brain... I took a week off and pumped in the Vitamin B, hydated extra.. extra... and used the stick twice a day on the area in question. On Wednesday of this week I hit the treadmill, crossed my fingers, and ran 4 miles easy without incident.. Thursday was an easy 3... all is good. No pain or soreness at all... I'm more confident now of at least running the marathon.. give me another week or two and I'll determine whether or not a sub 3 is still in the cards..

1 comment:

Lucho said...

You're cards are all aces man..