Monday, January 19, 2009

Another good week.. Weather was terrible, I think the average high last week was no more than 7 degrees...

Yesterday I ran 20 and felt great.. a lot better than my bonk last Sunday. I think there might be something to that nutrition/hydration thing.. ;-) Almost all the roads are still snow/ice covered so the run was done on the treadmill.. I had water/gatorade and gels at my beck-n-call.. I felt like I could have went the whole 26.2 but stuck to the plan and stopped at 20. The run went suprisingly quick and not the long drawn out sloggfest that I thought it would be. I watched some NFL pregame stuff and also the Xterra USA champs in Lake Tahoe, in which my good bud Mike Henry was a participant in.

Today is a rest day as well as all this week is a rest/test week for my AeT run on Friday. Looking forward to seeing some improvement!! 13 weeks to go.....

1 comment:

Paul said...

A 20 miler on the dreadmill? That is a serious mental challenge. I understand your caution though. I ran 15 on Saturday outside and it wasn't the greatest footing ever. Glad this long one went so well for you.