Thursday, December 4, 2008

Nothing of real significance to report today..

12/1/08 - Rest Day

12/2/08 - 9 miles consisting of a 2 mile warm-up, then 1 mile as 6 x 30" 5k effort strides on 1' RI to get HR back to ~145, then 6 miles @ 145-155..

12/3/08 - 8 miles easy, HR 140-150

Today will be an easy 4 miles and tomorrow I'll double, total of 10 miles (all easy stuff) I'm basically building volume right now. Looking forward to seeing how fatdad and Beth will do in Vegas this weekend... One thing I'm NOT looking forward to is running my long run this Sunday. There were several times last year I remember running 15+ miles, sometimes in 3-4 inches of snow and sometimes it never got warmer than 10 degrees. This Sunday it's supposed to be pretty cold with a low of 11 and a high of 27.. My Sunday runs are done after church (noonish..) so it's going to be more than likely on the upper end of the temperature range, still.. I need to try and find motivation to take it outside instead of slogging for 2+ hour's on the treadmill inside.

4 comments:

jameson said...

Your long run sounds interesting on Sunday... I think I would rather run in a full on blizzard than trying to get 2 hours in on the 'mil.

Ward said...

I hear ya'... I can deal with the cold and snow.. It's the wind that really gets to me. Might be a charachter builder for me!!

FatDad said...

After church? You slacker, I hit my long runs BEFORE the service!
You got me on the snow though. Hardcore.

Mel said...

I hope you get to run the long run outside...I did a 2hr run on the dreadmill ONCE:) I would rather take on the cold:)