Monday, December 8, 2008

12/5/08 - 6 miles, (no double today)

12/6/08 - Ran the JP 10k today.. My hopes of running a fast time were seriously dashed when I woke up and it was snowing, and snowing, and snowing... It didn't let up until an hour after the race was done, and the race was at 2:00pm. The course was terrible, about 2 inches covered the race course which made for terrible footing and a couple of treacherous downhills. Well, the race started off without a hitch, I found myself in 2nd place o'all at the 1 mile mark in 5:58, and that's just where I finished, 2nd place overall in 39:30. Only two of us finished under 40:00. The guy who won, Jeff Nidlinger, is a sub 34:00 runner in a bad day. In fact, just 5 weeks ago he ran 33:50 on a dry day, and a very technical course. The time he won in today was 35:39, almost two minutes slower. The guys that finished behind me in 3rd and fourth usualy beat me. So given the conditions, I think I could have easily broke 38:00 if it wasn't for the snow. Overall, I was happy with the effort.

12/7/08 - 16 miles.. Great weather today. Felt good throughout. Started getting a blister around the last couple of miles I think because of the wet shoes.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Nice effort in the snow. Kind of hard racing around here this time of year. I'm supposed to do a trail race on 12/20 and that's not looking too good.