Tuesday, December 16, 2008

12/12/08 - 7 miles, progression last 2

12/13/08 - 5 miles easy, MHR 145

12/14/08 - 16 miles.. I found motivation to run outside in my good bud Jon.. There were suppose to be few of us meeting at the local HS Sunday afternoon, but none showed up except Jon.. Although he only planned on running 12, it's still better than going it alone sometimes, especially on cold windy mornings. The route I choose to run is very hilly, so I expected sore legs and calves on Monday, but the legs felt great yesterday... progress... The last 3 miles of the run were done on the HS track just because I didn't map the route out right.. anywho.. the run was suppose to be a progression of sorts.. the first 9 at 135-150 and the last 7 at 145-160.. My slowest mile during the last 7 was mile 15 @ 7:24... and that was done on the track. With 17+ weeks to go, I'm really feeling good about how things are going... I'm still a little reluctant to come right out and say what my goal time is in fears I might jinx myself.. Give me another month and I'll feel a bit more confident about it...

12/15/08 - rest day

12/16/08 - 7 miles, moderate fartlek, 4 miles easy 135-145, then 6 x 30" hard effort, warm down to 7 miles...

2 comments:

FatDad said...

C'mon man. Nothing is a better motivator than making your goal public!

Ward said...

Maybe I'll do it by the 1st of the year.. The motivation is pretty high right now as it is... the trick is to keep it going for another 17 weeks!!!