Thursday, November 20, 2008

So I was doing a little blog surfing and came across this little widget...

HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere is
1
person with my name in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?

If this is accurate, and I have no reason to believe it isn't, then I'm the only one on earth with my name. I am unique... I am an original. No one is like me. So it got me thinking that I am alone in a way. But this loneliness isn't bad, it's beneficial. This lonliness causes pain only if I allow it to, because I am amongst lonely people. We are all unique. Different in many ways. We are all loners. But this seclusion should be celebrated, not shunned. We long to be our own person, so we look to someone else. We copy someone else to be unique? No! We need to copy Christ, and then our true person shines. Uniqueness and individuality come from your Creator. Uniqueness has purpose... "Normal" is a relative term. What is normal? We're all so different, how can normal even be defined? Conformity is a disease, destroying this generation... No one thinks for themselves. I am different from you and like it! It used to scare me... I wanted to be like you. I wanted to be you. But realize, I am not you. You cannot be me. I am who I am for a purpose. I don't need to fit in with everyone... God created someone else who is perfect for reaching the people I cannot. I am content in my individuality. I wish society would grasp the potential beauty of differences. Minorities. We're brainwashed, thinking we're "our own person" when you look like the same person standing next to you. Look up, ask your Father who you're supposed to be... Be content. Peace will cover your uncertainty! The peace that passes understanding will entrap you when you become who you're supposed to be...

No comments: