Monday, November 24, 2008

11/21/08 - 5 miles easy HR 140-150

11/22/08 - am) 3-1/2 miles easy
pm)6 miles easy

Toward the evening I started feeling cruddy.. Sunday morning after church I was supposed to run 15, but a full blown head cold put the kybosh on that venture. I took some med's and ended up venturing between the bedroom watching the Jets beat the Titans and the living room to watch Wall*E with my kids (for the 20th time).. But seriously, Wall*E should have some credit as being one of the best romantic comedies of the year, but it’s also the best drama, best animated and best film. Saving the world became secondary to the power of holding hands. There is an amazing amount of life and humanity throughout and a quality message to boot, and would expect just that from a Pixar movie.

Feeling much better this morning..I got up very early and ran 9 miles this morning just to assess the system.. Aside from not feeling 100%, I think the run went ok and feeling much after than before... This is a rest/test week for me.. so short easy runs this week. AeT test on Friday with a Tempo on Saturday and a longish run on Sunday... 21 weeks to go!

3 comments:

Jeff said...

Hope you can shake the cold quickly. I will have to check out Wall*E with the kids.

FatDad said...

Dude, you are going to kill it in Boston. 21 weeks is a lifetime!

Ward said...

Jeff - the kids will love it!

fatdad - thanks for the words of encouragement.. My biggest fear is always injury.. as long as I can stay off that wagon, I think I can nail a good one!